EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
with accredited BIKE FIT EDUCATION
Are you a sports medicine professional who needs to know more about bike fitting to properly assist your clients? Are you a bicycle industry or bike fit professional that wants to learn more about bike fitting?
If so, we can help you with our fully accredited, three day hands-on course that is designed just for people in your field.
3-DAYS OF HANDS-ON STATE-OF-THE-ART TRAINING
USING THE LATEST IN EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
What makes us different? We approach bike fitting from a biomechanics perspective. Rick, our master fitter, has an extensive engineering and project management background and is certified by the International Bike Fitting Institute (IBFI) as a level 3 fitter. His daughter is a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy and was a women’s elite category 2 crit racer. Together, they are able to help clients achieve pain-free comfort when riding their bicycles.
Rick is also a certified USA Cycling coach with Hunter Allen’s Peaks Coaching Group and has certifications in power-based training, LEOMO real-time motion analysis and skills instruction. Rick has applied his engineering knowledge to bike fitting.
As well as being an elite female cyclist, our senior bike fitter Amy, has an undergraduate degree in kinesiology & biomechanics and is a specialist in physiology and anatomy. More importantly, she is a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) as well as a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS). She knows how the body moves and, more importantly, how it is supposed to move.
In order to provide the best in bike fitting course-ware and application, we continually research the latest in industry standards, processes and procedures determined by physical therapists, physiologists, biomechanists and kinesiologists.
Knowing how the body moves and how it is supposed to move sets us apart from other bike fitters and other educational instruction. We leverage this understanding to tailor the bike fit to you, the individual – no two bike fits are the same since no two bodies are the same.
- June 14, 15, 16 – Bike Fitting for the Medical Professional,
- Evolution Physical Therapy
12703 Cerise Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250
- class hours:
- Fri 6/14: Noon-6pm
- Sat 6/15: 8am-5pm
- Sun 6/16: 8am-5pm
- Coffee & Snacks provided, Working lunch provided Sat, Sun.
- Color copy of the 200+ page PowerPoint presentation is also provided to each student.
- Evolution Physical Therapy
- Sept 20, 21, 22 – Bike Fitting for the Medical Professional, NorCal
- OTHER DATES ARE OPEN FOR PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
COURSE CERTIFICATION: Our Bike Fit Education is fully-accredited by the International Bike Fitting Institute (IBFI) as well as the California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA) and USA Cycling. Our Bike Fitting for the Health Care Professional course is taught by a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- CPTA = 2.4 CEU’s (24 hours credit)
- Others, NSCA, NASM, etc. = .1 CEU/hr. or 2.0 (maximum) for this course. Make sure to check first.
- USA Cycling = 15 CEU’s for the 3-day course. Coaches, you need 40 to renew. This is a great course.
CURRICULUM & TOPICS COVERED
Our curriculum is constantly updated and always contains the latest processes based on the latest scientific research and input from the fields leading experts. Topics covered include,
- Evaluation & Assessments
- Road, Mountain Bike (MTB), Triathlon bikes Covered
- Demonstration & Hands-On workshops
- Bike Sizing, Bike Fitting Processes & Cycling Biomechanics
- Camera Systems & Motion Capture
- Shoe, Insole, Cleat Position, Saddle & Cockpit Fits
- Bike Measuring, Transferring Coordinates & Business Considerations
WHAT TO BRING (OPTIONAL)
- Modern Bicycle; Road, Triathlon, MTB, Cross, Gravel
- Cycling Shoes, Modern Cleats & Pedals to match; SPD-SL, SPD, LOOK Keo, Speedplay, etc.
- Cycling kit; bib shorts, jersey, socks, towel, water bottle(s)
We provide class lectures as well as hands on opportunities for the students. Classes are kept to a maximum of 16:1 ratio student to instructor. Courses start with level 1 introductory material and ends with level 2 intermediate material. This instruction runs 3 days.
PRICING PER STUDENT
- Bike Fitting for the Medical Professional: $1,299
- Bike Fitting for the Industry Professional: $1,299
TO RESERVE YOUR CLASS OR FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING FORM - WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU
949.606.2767 or email@example.com